COVID-19 protocol for Valleyview.
Dear Valleyview Family,
With the concern regarding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), here are some updates and changes to our
1. Starting March 22, until further notice, Sunday morning service will now be livestream only. Service will
be at the normal 10:45 time. Follow our Facebook page, “Valleyview Church of the Nazarene.”
2. Starting Sunday March 22, we will have a drive-up mini-service option from 1:00-3:00. The service will
last approximately 5 minutes, and will consist of scripture reading, communion, prayer, offering
opportunity, and blessing. Pastor Larry wants to do this to be able to visit with as many of you as
possible in person, while still keeping you safe. Communion will be carefully prepared and distributed
3. Starting March 18, until further notice, all Wednesday and Sunday night classes, and all other
gatherings are cancelled.
4. Starting March 25, Pastor Larry will offer a livestream Bible study Wednesday nights at 7:00. The study
will last approximately 15 minutes, and will be primarily scripture readings and prayer.
5. We will be implementing an old-fashioned prayer chain. The reason for this is twofold:
- a. Provide some voice to voice contact and fellowship during this time of isolation.
- b. Serve as another means of disseminating information. Especially for those who do not use
email at all or sporadically. This will be used no more than once daily. Cindy will start the chain
around noon, Monday-Friday.
6. On April 11, our Food Pantry will be drive-thru only. We will be offering pre-packaged boxes. We will
streamline the number of volunteers to 10, and we will focus on using our younger adults. We are
strongly encouraging our volunteers who are over the age of 65 to stay home.
7. If you are in need of groceries, please contact our David House, our Food Pantry pastor, for a drop-in
appointment. His number is 806-622-3693. If you are over 65, and would rather stay home, we will be
making arrangements for deliveries. We will also try and take appointments to do shopping for you, for
other essentials you may need but are unable to get out and shop for. We want you to STAY HOME
and let us help. If you are interested in being a volunteer shopper, please contact Pastor Larry at 806-
683-6444 or the church office at 806-358-8829.
8. In order to protect the church financially during this time, we currently have multiple ways for you to
continue to give:
- a. Download the SimpleGive app on your phone.
- b. Text “Give” to (806) 513-5778
- c. Snail Mail to 7601 S. Western Amarillo, TX 79110
- d. Drive-Thru service options on Sundays from 1:00-3:00
This is not an overreaction out of fear. This is the church being the church to the most vulnerable. I want to
protect you, our community, and our church through this time. I don’t want us to be so careful, that we can’t be
the hands and feet of Christ during this time. We need each other, and we need each other more than just
through video screens. Our Savior came in the flesh. As your pastor, I want to be present with you through this.
We are closing the building, not the church. Please take advantage of the opportunities this protocol provides.